Help with unroll for a presentation

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Help with unroll for a presentation
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:05:31 +0100

Hi all,

I am preparing a presentation in TeXmacs.

There are lots of improvements in beamer mode, but I am having some problems with basic list manipulation when using unroll.

I would like to make enumerate items appear gradually. The documentation (F1, "traversal of a presentation") offers a 'hack' for this (follow along in an empty document to see the problem):

1. create an enumerate (M-e)
2. delete the item decorator (i.e. backspace your way through '1.')
3. insert an unroll (\unroll, or from the menu)
4. now, press Enter, you get an 1.
--> here begin the problems <--
5. you also get an empty line you can't delete
6. when you're ready, type M-rightarrow to insert the next step in the unroll
7. to insert new items, you need to press Enter, and that causes superfluous empty lines, that once added cannot be deleted.
image.png

The only work around is to constantly undo and cut/paste numbered lines in the generated empty spaces. It's very time consuming.

What am I doing wrong? Do you know of another way?

Best,

Álvaro.

PNG image