Re: Why isn't it possible to have two list items on the same line ?

  • From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>
  • To: Nicolas Chouvalidzé <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Basile Audoly <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Why isn't it possible to have two list items on the same line ?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 09:34:56 +0100

Hi,

> Le 30 déc. 2020 à 23:32, Nicolas Chouvalidzé <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. I had not seen Pierre-Henri's
> question, so it gave me new ideas to try ! However, I fear that he was not
> looking for the same thing as I am.

I was, and I still am...

> I think that Pierre-Henri wanted every item of the enumerate-alpha list to
> include the number of the outer list it is into :
> 1.a)
> 1.b)
> 2.a)
> 2.b)
>
> However, I do not want to change how items are displayed. I only want a new
> list inserted within another list to begin at the same first line as the
> outer list :
> 1. a)
> b)
> 2. a)
> b)

I actually don’t care that much between first presentation and second, and we
both had the same question it seems and for the same usage, although I might
not have been clear enough.

> Currently, Texmacs does this :
> 1.
> a)
> b)
> 2.
> a)
> b)
>
> I tested the solution Joris kindly provided in the latest release 1.99.18,
> and it perfectly answers Pierre-Henri's question, but not mine...

It maybe did, and I even thought reading 1.99.17 changelog that my wish had
already been granted, but I haven’t yet managed to get rid of the vertical
separation that we (Nicolas and I) both object too, at least for some
documents… (math exams texts with lots of nested enumerations, such as in
latex when a \item is immediately followed by a \begin{enumerate}…)

I might be just me, and there may be a way out I haven’t found out yet, so if
there is, please someone enlighten me !

Regards, and while a bit early, my best wishes for 2021 !

Pierre-Henri