TeXmacs: How to properly input the symbols of absolute value inside a pair of symbols of absolute value?

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: TeXmacs: How to properly input the symbols of absolute value inside a pair of symbols of absolute value?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 19:16:57 +0100

Dear all,

I meet the following case that I don't know how to deal with properly. I want
to put a pair of symbols of absolute value inside a pair of symbols of
absolute values. For example, I want to input something similar to |log|x||.
When I input | after log, the cursor move beyond the closing |. I tried to
press TAB without success. Now I find a cumbersome solution: I input a pair
of parentheses, then I input |, and move out and delete the parentheses. I
wonder whether there are better ways to do this.

Best wishes,
Frank