Re: TeXmacs: How to properly input the symbols of absolute value inside a pair of symbols of absolute value?

  • From: Julien Frontisi <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs: How to properly input the symbols of absolute value inside a pair of symbols of absolute value?
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:17:54 +0100

Hi to all,
my clumsy way to do it is to :
1) add a space after log
2) press the left arrow to bring the cursor back one step
3) type |x|
4) remove the unwanted space when I can’t repress the need.

I also use the space trick when I add text before a math formula and the
added text also contains math that would otherwise automatically join the
first math formula, which is not convenient when you want text in between.
$11111$ ——> aaaaa $2222$ bbbbb $11111$ to prevent aaaaa $222211111$

Not sure I’m very clear.

Have a good day.
Julien