Re: help-balloon -> html with tooltip

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: help-balloon -> html with tooltip
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2021 23:30:51 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 07:38:46PM +0000, Jeroen Wouters wrote:
> For an example of an html tooltip implementation, see here:
> https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_tooltip.asp
>
> The body of the balloon has empty CSS style, it's simply not implemented in
> TeXmacs:
> https://github.com/texmacs/texmacs/blob/ba5849c700bf956d2a518e2b449534657ddb046c/TeXmacs/progs/convert/html/tmhtml.scm#L170
>
> I think it shouldn't be too hard to implement something like the example in
> the first link.

No, it should not be extremely hard, but it will still be time consuming.
I agree that the feature would be nice, but I don't have time now.

If someone else wants to give it a try: you will first need to add
some CSS code similar to what Jeroen mentions above to your preferred
TeXmacs CSS style (Edit -> Preferences -> Convert -> Html -> CSS stylesheet).
You next might try to add a converter for 'help-balloon' in tmhtml.scm.

Best wishes, --Joris