Separate installation of Maxima and other session providers, right?

  • From: Robert Dodier <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Separate installation of Maxima and other session providers, right?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 11:55:09 -0700

Hi, I'm trying to understand how to help someone who is having trouble
with using TeXmacs on M1 macOS.

Do I understand correctly that a separate installation of Maxima is
required, on all platforms, in order to be able to launch a Maxima
session in TeXmacs? and likewise, the same goes for other programs
which provide TeXmacs sessions such as Matlab and R? and perhaps
Scheme is the only built-in session?

Thank you for clarifying this point, it will help me figure out what to do.

best,

Robert Dodier
Maxima developer and project administrator