Re: Separate installation of Maxima and other session providers, right?

  • From: Robert Dodier <address@hidden>
  • To: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Separate installation of Maxima and other session providers, right?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 21:39:43 -0700

Hi Giovanni, thanks for your reply. Yes, I am working on the same issue as
you.

The reason I ask about separate installation is that, for one thing, I
don't know much about TeXmacs and I am hoping to understand this basic
point, and for the other, I suspect that the user in question does not
actually have Maxima installed.

Installing Maxima on the M1 is going to be tricky because no Maxima
developer has an M1 at his disposal and so there are no binary
packages, so rebuilding it is the only way forward -- maybe via tar
xzf + configure + make + make install, or maybe via Homebrew. I'm not
sure what's possible, but if I can get past the basic question about
whether a separate installation is required, then I can ask if Maxima
has been installed by some means, and (in all probability) I can start
trying to help get Maxima installed.

Thank you for your help, and all the best.

Robert Dodier