Re: Overline kind of accent

  • From: Jeroen Wouters <address@hidden>
  • To: Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Overline kind of accent
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 12:25:12 +0100

The icon on the toolbar (the one that shows a tilde sign) seems to
insert a wrong type of bar tag: <bar>. The keyboard shortcut and the
"Insert->Accent Above" menu use a <wide-bar>, which gives a good
result. I've just reported it, with a patch:

Typing \overline creates yet another type of bar, which might be
intended for text rather than equations, as it only appears in the
menus when in text mode. As you have noticed, it has problems with
subscripts, as has been reported here:

Best wishes,
Jeroen