Re: What is Switching and Folding?

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: What is Switching and Folding?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 19:06:41 +0100

Hi Truong,

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 10:53:56AM -0700, Truong Nghiem wrote:
> I'm a newbie. I see a button called "Switching and folding"; inside it
> there are items like Unroll, Convertible, etc. What do they do? I tried
> Google search and searched within the manual but couldn't find much
> information. For example, what is an "Unroll Itemize"? How is it different
> from the normal Itemize? I inserted an "Unroll Itemize" and it doesn't look
> any different from a normal Itemize.

Switching and folding mainly makes sense if you are preparing a laptop
presentation,
in which your content is shown progressively: one slide/screen after another,
one item of an item list after another, etc. In presentation mode, you may
use
the F11 and F10 keys to progress or regress inside your presentation.

The documentation on laptop presentations (Help -> Manual -> Laptop
presentations)
contains more information, as well as Chapter 9 of "The Jolly Writer".

Best wishes, --Joris