Re: Font size calculation

  • From: Jeroen Wouters <address@hidden>
  • To: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Font size calculation
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 22:37:33 +0000

Dear Max,

It looks like this is the actual display size. There is a clear visual
difference between the output size of text in Liberation Sans 11pt font
between TeXmacs, LaTeX and LibreOffice Writer.

The Liberation Sans font was installed with the package manager of my
Linux distribution. It can also be downloaded here:
https://github.com/liberationfonts/liberation-fonts/releases

Most fonts give an exact 11pt output in TeXmacs, but I have found a few
fonts for which the PDF font size differs from the selected 11pt
(Liberation Sans 9.42pt, PT Sans 11.48pt, DejaVu Sans 10.35).

Best wishes,
Jeroen