Re: installation under Ubuntu from a very beginner person

  • From: vincent douce <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: installation under Ubuntu from a very beginner person
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 21:07:23 +0100

hi Henri and Denis
her OS seems to be Ubuntu 30.04.3 LTS
i am sorry i dont understand this sentence : "Don't get it from ubuntu but from texmacs as texmacs deb"
i understand that i have to go to her home and open her computer and her terminal and type "sudo apt —fix-broken instal"
i guess it is "install" with two "l"
please tell me if i had understood well
i think the right link to click on is the 2nd on this page http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/linux-packages.en.html#ubuntu
am i right ?
you know she does not know what is "terminal" and if i could avoid making the road to her's i would be glad she's far

or Denis maybe i have understood well
do i have to type
sudo apt --fix-broken install
then
sudo apt-get install TeXmacs-2.1.1-*.deb

on her computer instead of clicking on the links ?

i know my questions may seem very simple for people like you, used to install things though the terminal by typing "install something" or "apt something", but my question is also to understand how lambda users of computers, desiring to experiment TeXmacs, should do, if they are used only to download, double-click and waiting for the automatic installation to be ready… i mean on macs it is ultra easy, that's the first time i met a relation using Ubuntu and wanting TeXmacs, i want it to be simple for her otherwise i have to drive to her home (it is far) or asking her using Teamviewer (but she will worry about what i am doing)

Vincent