Re: looking for a symbol

  • From: Maxime Devos <address@hidden>
  • To: Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: looking for a symbol
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 09:50:02 +0200

Pierre-Henri Jondot schreef op za 11-06-2022 om 09:30 [+0200]:
> Starting next year, our mathematics course introduces a new symbol
> for independant variables. The independance of X and Y is symbolized
> with :
> I couldn't find this symbol within texmacs. What is the best way to
> obtain it ?

To find the LaTeX corresponding to an image, you can use
<http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html> and then try to enter the
LaTeX in TeXmacs. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to recognise your
symbol ...

Anyway, I found the character in a character picker: ⫫. It doesn't
look very nice when I enter it in TeXmacs, but maybe it's good enough
for your purposes?

Greetings,
Maxime.