Re: Problems with producing bibliographies

  • From: Lorenz Born <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Problems with producing bibliographies
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 10:53:24 +0200

Thanks Maxime and Giovanni,

I tried all you mentioned but without success. In the meantime I tried to compile and insert a bibliography on TeXmacs 2.1 on OpenBSD, version 7.1, with the same effect, meaning no bibliography was generated and inserted. I will do some more investigation and hope to find the reason for this problem. Could it be that my TeXmacs .tm file is "broken" because I was trying several times to generate and insert the bibliography? Or is the size of the .tm file a problem? I have inserted several pictures directly into the .tm file. At the moment it has a size of about 27 MBytes.

BR
Lorenz

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 11:44 PM Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden> wrote:

On 20.06.22 21:38, Maxime Devos wrote:
> Lorenz Born schreef op ma 20-06-2022 om 20:53 [+0200]:
>> @Book{TeXmacs:Chandra:book,
>>    title        = {5G for the Connected World},
>>    author       = {Chandramouli, D. and Liebhart, R. and Pirskanen,
>> J.},
>>    year         = {2019},
>>    publisher    = {Wiley}
>> }
>>
>> At the place where my bibliographic should be compiled, I click on
>> Insert -> Automatic -> Bibliographic, select Aux: bib and Style: tm-
>> plain and fill in the filename of my .bib file. After I use Document
>> -> Update -> Bibliographic nothing happens. I get an error in the
>> status line on the left bottom of my windows, that says:
>>
>> Error: invalid bibliographic key list
> My guess is that the : infix in the key was disliked, maybe try
> something like:
>
> @Book{TeXmacsChandraBook,
>    title = ...
> }
>
> ?
>
> Greetings,
> Maxime.

I tried the file of the OP with and without your suggestion and with
both I obtain a bibliography (on Xubuntu).

I suggest to re-type the entry. If it still does not work we need the
help of someone that uses the Mac; with such a file it seems to me that
character encoding cannot be the cause of the bibliography not being
generated, but since I know nothing about character encoding I advance
this too as a possibility.

--
Lorenz Born
Mail: address@hidden