Problems with producing bibliographies

  • From: Lorenz Born <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Problems with producing bibliographies
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 20:53:15 +0200

Dear all,

First of all, thank you for the excellent TeXmacs 2.1.1 application, which I use on MacOS Catalina, version 10.15.7 and OpenBSD 7.1. I’m working with TeXmacs for about two weeks and write some technical articles. I write to this user support on TeXmacs because of problems with bibliographics. I use a .bib file containing nothing
more than following text in BiBTeX format:

@Book{TeXmacs:Chandra:book,
  title        = {5G for the Connected World},
  author       = {Chandramouli, D. and Liebhart, R. and Pirskanen, J.},
  year         = {2019},
  publisher    = {Wiley}
}

At the place where my bibliographic should be compiled, I click on Insert -> Automatic -> Bibliographic, select Aux: bib and Style: tm-plain and fill in the filename of my .bib file. After I use Document -> Update -> Bibliographic nothing happens. I get an error in the status line on the left bottom of my windows, that says:

Error: invalid bibliographic key list

What is wrong? Is there a open point with producing bibliographies under MacOS? I haven’t yet tried to do the same on OpenBSD, so I can’t compare the behavior between both plattforms. Any suggestions or idea what I should do?

Thanks for any hint or help
Lorenz
---
Lorenz Born
“Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves."
     -- Richard Feynman