amsmath equation environments vs eqnarray

  • From: Rudolf Sykora <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: amsmath equation environments vs eqnarray
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:51:35 +0100

Dear list,

please, how is it currently with the possibility to use the
amsmath-like environments (split, align, gather, ...). I
was writing some math yesterday and realized the formatting
within the default multi-equation environment was 1) not
flexible enough, 2) basically 'wrong' around equal signs
(too much space put there). Can I somehow use amsmath-like
envireonments? But for some old warning in the documentation
saying to not use such environments, I could not find any
help.

Thanks for any comments and thank you for your work.
(It's much more fun/pleasure to use texmacs in place of
a simple text editor to typeset a lot of math.)

Best regards,
Ruda