Re: Formatting Issue with Page Limit Exceeded

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Formatting Issue with Page Limit Exceeded
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 08:01:45 +0000

Eduardo shared kindly with me the document.

The overflow beyond the lower limit of the page happened because a part of the text was inside the floating environment that wrapped one of the figures (not shown in the image). Cutting it and pasting it outside of the floating environment made TeXmacs behave well; I did the cutting and pasting in source mode (Document->Source->Edit source tree)

Sometimes in TeXmacs there may be something "wrong with the structures", which does not appear readily when looking at the document but has effects. In this case the hint was that in the lower part of the ribbon the word "Float" appeared.

A bit of typing discipline helps in keeping environments tidy; for example one should first click outside of the figure environment, then start typing. A for me surprising thing in this case has been that the float environment is not surrounded by a cyan frame, so that it is not readily detected that one is in _some_ environment and one has to rely on other hints (the ribbon helped me, and one can also look at the footer where the structure at the cursor is displayed). I have the feeling that float may be different from other environments, perhaps someone has clearer ideas?

G.