Re: Difficult macro parameters - removing the implicit document tag

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Difficult macro parameters - removing the implicit document tag
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 22:33:55 +0000

Thanks for the tip on the forum, I didn't know about that.

I have found I can fix many of the macros to prevent insertion of implicit document tags by "copy to texmacs" and then paste in a text editor, to convert from:

<assign|map-paragraphs|<\macro|x>
  <compound|<if|<provides|<merge|map-paragraphs-|<get-label|<arg|x>>>>|<merge|map-paragraphs-|<get-label|<arg|x>>>|map-paragraphs-default->|<arg|x>>
</macro>>

<assign|map-paragraphs|<macro|x|<compound|<if|<provides|<merge|map-paragraphs-|<get-label|<arg|x>>>>|<merge|map-paragraphs-|<get-label|<arg|x>>>|map-paragraphs-default->|<arg|x>>>>

and then copy and "paste from texmacs" -- and this prevents my macros from adding back as many document tags as it was taking away :-)

Sam

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 at 19:56, Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden> wrote:

On 12/02/24 17:56, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> It's incredible the number of hours I spent over the last week because
> of the difficulty in getting texmacs to remove the default document
> tag from a macro definition/invocation.
>
> I can trick it into not happening ...

I also think the documentation on entering source code is one of the
weak points of TeXmacs.

For the rest of your---very interesting---messages sorry, I do not know
enough to be able to say anything. Possibly there are people that read
the forum but do not read the mailing list, so it may be worth posting
there too (http://forum.texmacs.cn/)