Re: TeXmacs on CygWin (Part Deux)

  • From: Marciano Siniscalchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs on CygWin (Part Deux)
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:12:34 -0500

OK, here's another installment of the Cygwin saga.

First, I was silly enough not to define GUILE_LOAD_PATH and TEXMACS_PATH. Having done that... well, at least I only get an:

ERROR: Stack Overflow

message. I don't know whether it's coming from Guile or from Texmacs (probably Guile).

I made sure that Guile does work by compiling the tutorials on the Guile Web page. They work flawlessly. So, I should be good there.

I have narrowed down the issue to the call to gh_enter in "install_guile". Everything goes fine up to that point; then, BOOM! [Def/undef DOTS_OK constant does not help]. I even tried to define a dummy callback (with the appropriate arguments), but no joy: even the dummy callback is never called. Thus, it seems like Guile just "dies" upon invoking gh_enter.

Any ideas anyone?

Marciano Siniscalchi Department of Economics, 309 Fisher Hall
tel: (609) 258-4024 Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544-1021
fax: (609) 258-6419 http://www.princeton.edu/~marciano