Re: TeXmacs on CygWin (Part Deux)

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs on CygWin (Part Deux)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:53:59 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Marciano Siniscalchi wrote:

> OK, here's another installment of the Cygwin saga.
>
> First, I was silly enough not to define GUILE_LOAD_PATH and TEXMACS_PATH.
> Having done that... well, at least I only get an:
>
> ERROR: Stack Overflow
>
> message. I don't know whether it's coming from Guile or from Texmacs
> (probably Guile).
>
> I made sure that Guile does work by compiling the tutorials on the Guile
> Web page. They work flawlessly. So, I should be good there.
>
> I have narrowed down the issue to the call to gh_enter in "install_guile".
> Everything goes fine up to that point; then, BOOM! [Def/undef DOTS_OK
> constant does not help]. I even tried to define a dummy callback (with the
> appropriate arguments), but no joy: even the dummy callback is never
> called. Thus, it seems like Guile just "dies" upon invoking gh_enter.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

You should first ensure that you are using a recent version of TeXmacs
(which version are you using?). Indeed, I have been told lately that
you can increase the stack size in guile by putting the command

(debug-set! stack 1000000)

at the top of the Init.tm initialization file.
So you should either add that line or download the latest version.
If that still does not fix the problem,
please post a message on the guile mailing list with a cc to me.
What happens if you run guile from the command line?

-Joris-

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage