Re: Creating headers & footers including page numbers etc.

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Creating headers & footers including page numbers etc.
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:14:08 +0200

On Thursday 30 May 2002 10:41, Philipp Hartmann wrote:
> But, I'm not able to find some information about including page headers
> an footers in TeXmacs. I've seen them in one of the examples
> (http://www.texmacs.org/Examples/noeth). I've seen there exactly, what
> I'm looking for: Page numbers and some information like the section
> title in the page header an footer.
> But I haven't managed to create (or manipulate) them on my own.
> What do I have to do?

What you see there is are the standard headers for the article style.

To get that in your own document, you only need to: select article style
"Document->style->article".

Headers and footers will be displayed when printing or previewing. If you
want to see them on-screen you need to do a few more actions:

1. select paper media type; that means display page breaks.
"Document->page->type->paper"

2. draw the headers and footers on screen
"Document->view->header and footer->on"

3. disable margin reduction. That feature is generally useful, it saves
pixels on the screen by not displaying margins, but it causes
displayed headers and footers of successives pages to be displayed
rammed into each other. "Document->page->screen layout->as on paper".

If you think this menu layout is insane, you can come and post comments
on the wiki:

http://alqua.com/tmresources/redesign%20of%20the%20menus
--

-- David --