Compiling texmacs-1.0.0.11

  • From: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Compiling texmacs-1.0.0.11
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 19:13:25 +0200

Hi,

while putting together a new fink package for TeXmacs on Mac OSX, I ran into the following problems. They are not very serious, but let the compiling process fail.

1. In src/makefile, there is a line

link_options:=-L $(tmsrc)/lib -lm $(LDBPATH) $(LDBXWINDOW) $(LDBGUILE) $(LDBDL)

The blank space after the first "-L" doesn't please my linker who says something about an empty directory and dies.

2. In configure in the powerpc-*-darwin*) section, there is a definition of CONFIG_BPATH="-Wl,-rpath," which also leads to an error. It should be replaced by an empty definition
CONFIG_BPATH=
I think also CONFIG_LPATH should be defined as empty.

This second problem is my own fault, because I proposed these definitions some time ago.

If I correct these two problems, 10.0.0.11 compiles and runs OK.

BTW, the disappearance of the gencc system leads to a drastic *increase* in compile time: Compiling texmacs-1.0.0.8 takes 4 minutes on a G4/733 with gcc-2.95.2, whereas texmacs-1.0.0.11 takes 24 minutes. The same factor of six(!) can be observed on a G3/700 with gcc-3.1.

--
Martin