Re: URL on printed documents / unwanted generated code

  • From: Yannick Patois <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: URL on printed documents / unwanted generated code
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:03:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

> > First one is related to URL entered with <hyperlink||>. When I print the
> > document, those links are lost (only the text remain). Is there a way to
> > get them in parenthesis, footnotes or whatever ?
> You may create a macro "hlink" with two arguments and
> which is rendered in two different ways depending on a style file.

Hum, I dont know much about what you just said. Does it imply that I
should stop using <hyperlink||> and create my own macro ? Seems not a good
idea to me. I would better like to modify the behavior of the existing
command. This is more coherent.

> > When I add a Table Of Content, TeXmacs on its own, writes tons of hugly
> > things like:
> > 3.2<space|2spc>Images<value|toc-dots><pageref|toc-36>
> > And those are writen in the document itself !
> We might create an option to suppress auxiliary information when
> saving files.

That would be nice :) Thanks.

> Of course, this is not a natural behavior for new users, so it is not
> a reasonable default.

Not so sure.... BTW I still dont know what append if I edit one of those
generated field. In the TOC, it appends several time that the update
seemed 'freezed' at some location and that I have no other way than to
erase everything and do it again: maybe I accidentaly edited it and
texmacs believed it had to be kept ? Seems not too 'natural' to me either.

> On the long run, I would like to stress that CVS itself is not a good tool
> for many reasons. Most importantly, it is text-based, while TeXmacs
> documents have much more structure. What we really need is a structured
> kind of CVS.

That doesnt exist yet. Does it ? In the meantime, it's probably the best
available tool for that purpose...
texmacs should just be a bit careful about where it breaks lines (because
CVS is tex-line based). And in fact, it's quire OK right now.

Yannick

--
_/ Yannick Patois _________________ Address (home) __________________
| irc(undernet): Garp on #france25+ | 17, rue du Tonkin |