Re: URL on printed documents / unwanted generated code

  • From: Yannick Patois <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: URL on printed documents / unwanted generated code
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:06:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 address@hidden wrote:
> No you cannot redefine <hyperlink||> because it is built-in typesetter
> element. You can only redefine style elements.

But I dont want to 'redefine', I just need to change it's apearance... For
DocBook, it would means changing the style-sheet, not the dtd...

> Actually, I believe user documents should not normally use typesetter
> elements (except for physical layout control, like spacing, breaking
> and font control) so many customizations would become seamless. But I
> do not know what Joris thinks of it.

Hum, this is what comes under my mouse when clicking the obvious menue.
If it's not what I should use, then it's surprising the interface is made
that way.

<hyperlink|A|B> is probably now:
- Displaying A with a link to B when exporting to HTML
- Using \htmladdnormallink{A}{B} for latex export
- Displaying A and forgeting about B on ps export.

I belive this latest behavior should have other setting, and probably the
current one shouldnt even be the default (as a big lost of information on
print).

If there is no other way than to redefine my own command for this, could
you anyway point me to the right documentation to do that ? (I dont have a
clue about that kind of customisation in texmacs). Thanks.

> Also, you should not modify the visible table of contents. Normally,
> updating it would erase all its contents and replace them with
> autogenerated data. If that is not the behaviour you observe, please
> give us a precise procedure so we can reproduce the problem.

OK, thanks. This is clearer to me now.

> > texmacs should just be a bit careful about where it breaks lines (because
> > CVS is tex-line based). And in fact, it's quire OK right now.
> Right. The "pretty-printing" line breaking introduces a lot of noise
> when diffing documents. I think TeXmacs is currently too much
> concerned with having a "pretty" document format and that is sometimes
> detrimental to the usability.

You'r probably right on that point.
By the way long text line are not that hard to edit if the editor can
handle soft wrapping.

Yannick

--
_/ Yannick Patois _________________ Address (home) __________________
| irc(undernet): Garp on #france25+ | 17, rue du Tonkin |