Re: Please check the 1.0.0.25 release

  • From: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Please check the 1.0.0.25 release
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:47:00 +0100

On lundi, déc 16, 2002, at 10:47 Europe/Paris, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

Hi *,

I just released TeXmacs-1.0.0.25, which should be the last release
before the next stable version 1.0.1 of TeXmacs. If you have time,
then please check this release and tell us (address@hidden)
whether you encountered any major problems.

I have a problem with TeXmacs on Mac OSX which appeared already in 1.0.0.24 and is still there in 1.0.0.25, but is absent in 1.0.0.22:

When I try to start maxima from TeXmacs, I get a segmentation fault (from TeXmacs). Unfortunately, I have not yet had the time (*)
to investigate whether this is only with maxima or if other programs are concerned and what is really going on.

(*) I just tried on this machine here (PowerMac G4), and it didn't segfault. On my iBook it segfaults every time.

OK, I hesitated so far to put the 1.0.0.25 package description into fink because of this, but I shall do so now so that some others will be testing, too.

--
Martin