Re: Please check the 1.0.0.25 release

  • From: Yoel Callev <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Please check the 1.0.0.25 release
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:51:25 +0200

Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

It seems that no changes are saved in a personal dictionary. Is it
possible to specify the name of the dicitonary? Maybe I misconfigured
something?
Hi,

I had the same problem. After running aspell manually on a test file, it created a file named
.aspell.english.pws at my home directory, and running aspell from TeXmacs did save things in that personal dictionary once it existed [when I type "i"nsert]. I hope this info helps someone who encounters these problems....

Now running aspell from TeXmacs seems very buggy - it takes about 5 min on a 1.8 Ghz machine with .5 Gb of memory for a 100k file. During this time the TeXmacs editor window recieves no updates, and top shows that texmacs uses 95% cpu, while aspell takes 3-5% intermittently. I don't know if this problem is specific to me, but I don't have the time to find out how to make a formal query.

-Yoel.