Re: presentation

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: presentation
  • Date: 28 Mar 2003 13:15:28 +0100

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 12:18, Luca wrote:
> Hallo I just installed texmacs 1.0.1.5 via fink in os 10.2.2
> I was wandering to use it to produce a presentation as I do not want in
> these days to give my talk via Microsoft stuff....
> well does any one of you have tried this feature....
> As I start the presentation I loose any control of the program (the page
> is set to the background and I am not able neither to go back to the
> normal visualization nor to skip the page ) and the only thing I am able
> to do is to kill the program....
> Do you know what would be the standard features of the presentation
> mode?
> Thanks Luca

The presentation mode can be considered broken, according to Joris.

If what you want to do is to make some slides, I suggest you to try
inserting a 'switch' environment and then inserting frames with A-right
or A-left and navigating your newly created structure with M-A-right and
M-A-left. If you set small margins you can use a lot of screen real
state and you wont miss presentation mode that much. Note that there's a
'seminar' package you might be interested in.

--
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all
--Oscar Wilde.