Re: presentation

  • From: Kasper Souren <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: presentation
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 22:10:48 +0000

> > I also first wanted to use TeXmacs, but because of the presentation mode
> > problem I decided to try OpenOffice.org. Its Presenter is very similar to
> > Powerpoint.
>
> The presentation mode of TeXmacs works when you use the Gnome window
> manager.

But I don't like Gnome :) I wouldn't want to miss all my shortcuts... It
would
be okay f it were possible to use Gnome inside KDE.

Also, I just had 3 days to make a presentation, so I didn't feel like
figuring
out how to do it with TeXmacs, finding/editing/creating .ts files, figuring
out how to deal with pages.
OpenOffice has a lot of drawbacks (especially if you want to add a little bit
of math), but it's quite easy to get started.

A presentations-in-texmacs-howto would be cool. I will try TeXmacs for
presentations again when I have some more time. And maybe I can start writing
such a howto at the same time...

bye,
Kasper