Interpreter plugin

  • From: address@hidden (Albert Graef)
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Interpreter plugin
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 00:27:15 +0200

Hi,

I have some questions concerning the TeXmacs plugin system. Starting from the Octave plugin, I made myself a plugin for a functional language interpreter. I redefined the interpreter's prompts so that they are recognized, and the input and output is rendered verbatim all right. However, the last newline of the interpreter's output causes an empty line at the end of each output field. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Also, is there a way to redefine the formatting attributes of the input fields, maybe a style setting or something? Currently the input fields have a blue foreground color, but I'd like them to be black and in boldface instead. (I'm using this to write a book which will presumably be printed in black and white, so the blue color does not help.)

Finally, is there a way to have TeXmacs use the interpreter's completion feature? Just like Octave, my interpreter has a `completion_matches' command that could be used for this purpose, but I have no idea how to use this in the plugin. Maybe someone has some working Scheme code that shows how to do this? Or will I have to write a wrapper around the interpreter to accomplish this?

I'd also appreciate any pointers to technical docs about the inner workings of the TeXmacs session system, that would help a lot to figure out things. Currently I'm just hacking on existing code without any real knowledge of what is going on. ;-)

Many thanks in advance,
Albert Graef

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af