Re: Interpreter plugin

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Albert Graef <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Interpreter plugin
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:28:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> I have some questions concerning the TeXmacs plugin system. Starting
> from the Octave plugin, I made myself a plugin for a functional language
> interpreter. I redefined the interpreter's prompts so that they are
> recognized, and the input and output is rendered verbatim all right.
> However, the last newline of the interpreter's output causes an empty
> line at the end of each output field. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Write a filter for the output...

> Also, is there a way to redefine the formatting attributes of the input
> fields, maybe a style setting or something? Currently the input fields
> have a blue foreground color, but I'd like them to be black and in
> boldface instead. (I'm using this to write a book which will presumably
> be printed in black and white, so the blue color does not help.)

Yes, look at the end of

Help -> Interfacing -> Formatted and structured output

(in the last distributions; the plugin system has been improved a lot,
recently).

> Finally, is there a way to have TeXmacs use the interpreter's completion
> feature? Just like Octave, my interpreter has a `completion_matches'
> command that could be used for this purpose, but I have no idea how to
> use this in the plugin. Maybe someone has some working Scheme code that
> shows how to do this? Or will I have to write a wrapper around the
> interpreter to accomplish this?

Yes,

Help -> Interfacing -> Tab completion

> I'd also appreciate any pointers to technical docs about the inner
> workings of the TeXmacs session system, that would help a lot to figure
> out things. Currently I'm just hacking on existing code without any real
> knowledge of what is going on. ;-)

Help -> Manual -> TeXmacs plugins
Help -> Interfacing

And if this does not suffice, then you are welcome to contribute ;^)

  • Interpreter plugin, Albert Graef, 09/08/2003
    • Re: Interpreter plugin, Joris van der Hoeven, 09/10/2003