Bibliography and Texmacs

  • From: Carlos Duarte <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Bibliography and Texmacs
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:29:07 +0100

Hi,

This is both a question and sugestion post.

First, the suggestions:

Bibliography needs to be better implemented in Texmacs. Some simples things
as
being able to browse available bibtex styles or having a dialog (being able
to browse again) box for chosing a bibliography. More, you should be able to
change the bibliographic style if you want to (without having to delete the
automatic text block and inserting it again with a new style).
More, when you update the bibliography, it should update both the bibligraphy
per se, but also citations or else one has to "scan" the document ant
"return" every citation.
A temporary citation field would also be useful (so, when you enter a
citation
BEFORE chosing the bibtex file, you should be able to see the entry reference
[xpto03] instead of [?]).

Now, for the questions:

Is there any other way to enter citations besides the "standard" [ ]
parentheses? I was thinking of being able to choose betwen straight and round
parenthesis, a little like LaTeX (I know I can add LaTex code, but that's not
very "elegant").

Another thing, anybody used the bibtex style authordate1.bst? I tried to, but
it gives me an error with citename. If anyone has any idea, thanks.

Cheers,

Carlos

Carlos Filipe Moreira Duarte,Lic. Chem. Eng.
Ph.D. Student
Laboratory of Separation and Reaction Engineering
Department of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering - University of Porto
Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, S/N
4200-465 Porto - PORTUGAL

Tel.:+351 22 508 1636 Fax.:+351 22 508 1674
Email: address@hidden