Re: Petition to add [TeXmacs-users] to the Subject

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Petition to add [TeXmacs-users] to the Subject
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:07:18 +0200

I have nothing against this, but I would rather encourage you to use some
automatic filter (every reasonable mail-client has either filter mechanisms
built in or can cooperate with procmail) This is far more flexible, and once
you get the hang of it, it is far easier to write additional filters than to
convince every mailing list maintainer to adjust their subject.

Unless there really is a good reason to prepend something to the Subject, I
would rather leave it as it is. In my case, I have all mails from this list
sorted to one separate folder, so all those [TeXmacs-users] will really only
take up screen-space...

Ciao,
Nobbi

--
______________________Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>

Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Institut für Theoretische Physik III
Staudtstr. 7 ... D-91058 Erlangen ... Room No. U1.526
Tel: +49 9131 / 85-28816 ... Mobile: +49 179 / 7475199