Re: Petition to add [TeXmacs-users] to the Subject

  • From: Fabien Salvi <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Petition to add [TeXmacs-users] to the Subject
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:18:22 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven a écrit:
Javier Arantegui a écrit:

Hello,

Lately I receive a lot of spam, so it is important for me to be able to
distinguish the relevant messages. Would it be very difficult to add
something like [TeXmacs-users] to the subject line of the messages from this
list? In this way the messages form the list would be easier to identify.

It's not difficult.
If Joris ask me to do this, I'll do it.

But, in my opinion, it's useless.
You can simply use mail filtering for this list using To and CC matching
address@hidden

I propose to prepend [tm], which is not so long,
but sufficient to identify the messages.

tm looks like trademark, are you sure it's a good idea ?

--
Fabien SALVI Centre de Ressources Informatiques
Archamps, France -- http://www.cri74.org