Keyboard shortcut for deleting whole words

  • From: Benno Dielmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Keyboard shortcut for deleting whole words
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:38:30 +0100

Hi all,

there is one issue which drives me mad since several versions of TeXmacs:
Although i use Emacs look and feel (Edit->Preferences->Look and feel->Emacs),
the shortcut for deleting whole words at once doesn't work as expected.

In Emacs its CTRL-backspace (as with most KDE software as well). TeXmacs used
to adhere to this "standard" until several versions ago. Since then,
CTRL-backspace kills the current environment. This behavior makes me sick
when switching between TeXmacs, Emacs and KDE programs.

So I have 3 questions:
1. What is the current keyboard shortcut for deleting whole words?
2. Is there a place where all shortcuts are listed and where I could change
some?
3. Is there a good reason for the change from "delete whole word" to "kill
environment"?

Thanks in advance for any attempts to answer >= 1 of these questions :-),

Benno Dielmann

...using TeXmacs version 1.4.0