Re: [TeXmacs] Keyboard shortcut for deleting whole words

  • From: Benno Dielmann <address@hidden>
  • To: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Keyboard shortcut for deleting whole words
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:46:12 +0100

On Friday 12 November 2004 11:03, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
| On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:38:30PM +0100, Benno Dielmann wrote:
| > there is one issue which drives me mad since several versions of TeXmacs:
| > Although i use Emacs look and feel (Edit->Preferences->Look and
| > feel->Emacs), the shortcut for deleting whole words at once doesn't work
| > as expected.
| >
| > In Emacs its CTRL-backspace
|
| Hu? I really don't think I changed the default, and for me it does
| "expand abbrev" in Emacs. Delete the word is M-d or M-<backspace>.

I'm using Suse linux 9.0, perhaps they've changed some defaults. In fact, in
Emacs it's C-<backspace> while in XEmacs it's M-<backspace>.

The problem is: In TeXmacs it is neither C-<backspace> nor M-<backspace>.

It whould quite make me happy if I only knew WHAT the shortcut is in TeXmacs.
Doesn't anybody know? Or are you all deleting words letter-by-letter? ;-) Or
not deleting words at all ;-)?