Bigl(, Bigr), etc

  • From: "Kostas Oikonomou" <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Bigl(, Bigr), etc
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 11:38:18 -0400

I have been using TeXmacs for a while, but I just noticed that the LaTeX
\Bigl, \biggl, etc
constructs don't seem to be implemented.

I then found that I could insert left and right delimiters of various sizes by
inserting "size tags".
However, the vertical positioning of these delimiters seems to be off, i.e. a
"very large (" is not
vertically centered with respect to a plain "(", or even w.r.t. the enclosed
formula. For example
a displayed equation

very large ( \sum_j x_j very large )

doesn't look right.

Apart from the positioning, having the LateX commands available (they would
translate to the appropriate
size tag) would reduce the time one needs to insert the tags by using the
menus.

Kostas

  • Bigl(, Bigr), etc, Kostas Oikonomou, 05/07/2005