Re: [TeXmacs] Installing Maxima on WinTeXmacs

  • From: "Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden>
  • To: Dan Martens <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Marshall Feldman <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Installing Maxima on WinTeXmacs
  • Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 13:31:06 +0300

Dan Martens writes:
Add C:\Program Files\Maxima-5.9.1\bin (or whatever your path may be), to the C:\Program Files\Wintexmacs\Texmacs\Plugins\Pluginspaths.txt file (one path per line).
Restart texmacs, it should show up in the menu. (Please install Wintexmacs 1.0.5 if possible).

Dan Martens

I've just deinstalled old WinTeXmacs 1.0.4.<something>,
wiped out userdir/.TeXmacs, installed fresh WinTeXmacs 1.0.5.

Firts it crashes immediately after startup and it was so
until I surmised to delete old
C:\Program Files\Wintexmacs\Texmacs\Plugins\Pluginspaths.txt
- my old attempts to get Maxima working with older TeXmacs
versions.

After this WinTeXmacs suggested to fill pluginspaths.txt
automatically. Indeed after some time I found several
records in pluginspaths.txt - PARI,
C:\Program Files\Maxima-5.9.1\bin
and several other Maxima directories (my work dirs for
Maxima builds, these I deleted manually).
So finally I've got
===================================
C:\Program Files\Maxima-5.9.1\bin
C:\Program Files\PARI
===================================

But no trace of Maxima session in WinTeXmacs!
Pari works, Maxima not.

Any help is greately appreciated.
Being one of Windows Maxima buld maitainers
I'm really very interested to make it work
with WinTeXmacs.

--
Vadim V. Zhytnikov

<address@hidden>