TeXmacs plugin for TGIF

  • From: Kai Sattler <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: TeXmacs plugin for TGIF
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:15:02 +0200

Hi

I have written a TeXmacs plugin for the vector drawing tool TGIF. It can
be useful if you want to include handmade drawings or sketches into your
TeXmacs document. The drawings are included into TeXmacs as EPS. The plugin
makes also use of PSTOEDIT in order to convert EPS to TGIF format when an
existing EPS file is to be modified. Therfore, for the plugin to work
you must have both TGIF and PSTOEDIT installed.

The TGIF plugin is attached as TGIF_plugin_for_TeXmacs.tar.gz. It was
build using TeXmacs version 1.0.3. I hope that it will work under
the newer versions, too. To install it, simply unpack the tar.gz file
under $HOME/.TeXmacs/plugins. There is an example in ./tgif/Example.

What could be improved still:
In order to edit an existing drawing, you must have it accessible as an
external EPS file. It would be much nicer to also have the possibility
to communicate a PostScript image from within the TeXmacs document to the
interface script. I tried to simply put a copy of the figure into the
prompt of the interface and press ENTER, but this does not seem to
transfer the figure data to the STDIN of the script (TeXmacs version 1.0.3).
Maybe someone has an idea how this could be done.

Best Wishes
Kai

  • TeXmacs plugin for TGIF, Kai Sattler, 05/09/2005