Re: [TeXmacs] Lists of citations & references and quick movement

  • From: Svante Bjoerklund <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Lists of citations & references and quick movement
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:33:33 +0200

Hello again!

Thank for the information and tips. I have some comments below:

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 02:09:03PM +0200, Svante Bjoerklund wrote:
>
>>* When inserting a citation to literature, is it possible to be shown a
>>listing of the entries in the .bib file and choose one in the same way as
>>in LyX? And also search for an entry? In this way I don't have to remember
>>the names of the citations.
>

> No, nothing of this has been implemented yet.
>

>>* The same question for references to equations, sections, figures etc. Is
>>it possible to get a listing of the possible labels and choose one? And
>>also search for a reference?
>

> When creating a reference using M-?, you may use TAB-completion.

Ok. I have tried that now. I didn't know about that possiblity. It is good but I am not sure if it is enough.

By the way, it took me a long time before I understood that I should press RETURN after the label name when using M-! and M-?. I was nearly abandoning TeXmacs because of this.

In TeXmacs 1.0.5.4 the keys M-! and M-? does not work for me. They did earlier (in TeXmacs 1.0.5 I think). The menus work.

>>* How to move quickly in the document: jump to sections, equations,
>>figures, and manually set markers? (Like in LyX)?
>

> See section 6 of
>
> Help -> Manual -> Editing tools
>
> in the last available development version 1.0.5.4.

I have taken a look at the "Structured cursor movement" in section 6 of Help -> Manual -> Editing tools in TexMacs version 1.0.5.4. I am still not satisfied. I think it would be a very good feature in TeXmacs if a table contents of a document could be shown in a separate window. By klicking on section titles it would possible to immediately jump to the desired section. The window with the table of contents would also make it easier to get an overview of the document. In addition to table of contents of section titles, the window could also show listings of figures, equations, labels and other types of object in the document. OpenOffice/StarOffice has its "Navigator" with these possibilities. LyX has also this possiblity for sections, figures and tables.

/Svante Björklund