Re: [TeXmacs] Lists of citations & references and quick movement

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Lists of citations & references and quick movement
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:43:56 +0200

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 01:33:33PM +0200, Svante Bjoerklund wrote:
> > When creating a reference using M-?, you may use TAB-completion.
>
> Ok. I have tried that now. I didn't know about that possiblity. It is good
> but I am not sure if it is enough.
>
> By the way, it took me a long time before I understood that I should press
> RETURN after the label name when using M-! and M-?. I was nearly abandoning
> TeXmacs because of this.

Well, this is explained at several places in the documentation.
Furthermore, a message appears on the footer when pressing M-! or M-?.
But maybe this is not enough...

> In TeXmacs 1.0.5.4 the keys M-! and M-? does not work for me. They did
> earlier (in TeXmacs 1.0.5 I think). The menus work.

I could not reproduce this in today's TeXmacs 1.0.5.5.

> >>* How to move quickly in the document: jump to sections, equations,
> >>figures, and manually set markers? (Like in LyX)?
> >

> > See section 6 of
> >
> > Help -> Manual -> Editing tools
> >
> > in the last available development version 1.0.5.4.
>
> I have taken a look at the "Structured cursor movement" in section 6 of
> Help -> Manual -> Editing tools in TexMacs version 1.0.5.4. I am still not
> satisfied. I think it would be a very good feature in TeXmacs if a table
> contents of a document could be shown in a separate window. By klicking on
> section titles it would possible to immediately jump to the desired
> section. The window with the table of contents would also make it easier to
> get an overview of the document. In addition to table of contents of
> section titles, the window could also show listings of figures, equations,
> labels and other types of object in the document. OpenOffice/StarOffice
> has its "Navigator" with these possibilities. LyX has also this possiblity
> for sections, figures and tables.

Alain Herreman <address@hidden> implemented such a feature
in the "satellite" plug-in available by CVS, but did not have time to keep
it up-to-date. If you can convince him to make the necessary updates and/or
improvements, then this facility can be included in the main distribution.

Best wishes, Joris