speech and handwriting plugin

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: speech and handwriting plugin
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:25:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody,

My name is Timothy Paik. I'm an undergraduate student at UC Berkeley working
in a group under Professor Richard Fateman. We have been trying to create an
easy way for people to input math through speech and handwriting. We have a
program called MathSpeakAndWrite implemented in C#, and are attempting to
write a plugin that will run this program and convert the output into a
format that TeXmacs will understand.

We have three questions: First, is there anyone who already has written a
plugin like this for TeXmacs? Second, is there anyone who might be interested
in such a program if it were to work well? Finally, (and this is a long
shot), our initial attempt to copy the help file to write a program (like
minimal), ended up with only one of the two windows necessary for the program
showing up (alas, the less important one)...is that something someone happens
to know a lot about?

Thanks,

Tim