Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs for poster presentations?

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Alexander Schmolck <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs for poster presentations?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:31:41 +0100

Is TeXmacs suited for developing scientific posters for conferences? Has
anyone done so and can give some pointers?

I never did it yet, but it should definitely be possible to use the
graphics editor to do posters.

To do it, the best would be to set the dimensions of the graphics
to the height and the width of the page, using resp "1pag" for the
height and "1par" for the width. This way, your graphics always fills
the whole page.

Then you can put different text boxes inside the graphics (but the
edition is not very convenient in some cases, for example it is not
very easy to deal with text boxes containing themselves another graphics).

Finally, you can change the page size & set it to a bigger
format (e.g, A1, A0, B0, etc.).

(See the attached .tm file for a example that could be used as a
starting point).

To summarize, TeXmacs is not completely suited right now for developing
posters, but you can already do it with some effort.

Thank you for raising this question, in effect it is an interesting
and very useful area. Now that the point has been noticed, I will
not forget to include poster edition in the domains of interest
for future developments, improvements, etc.

Whilst TeXmacs doesn't currently meet my needs for writing articles

Why ?