import/export data from tables

  • From: Kris Kuhlman <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: import/export data from tables
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:03:19 -0700

I have some data in a table in TeXmacs, is it possible to copy the data and paste it elsewhere, possibly in a pseudo-tabular format, which another program could read (in this case R)?

the "verbatim" option under copy-to in the edit menu doesn't copy tables; if I copy some text surrounding a table, I just get the text and two ^M where the table goes.

Should I write some a script to extract the numbers of the table from among the tags of the exported html/texmacs/xml/scheme paste output, or is there something like this already?

On a related note, I am also wondering about importing data from tab-delimited text files, to put into tables in a TeXmacs document.

Kris

  • import/export data from tables, Kris Kuhlman, 11/04/2005