Re: [TeXmacs] LaTeX conversion and figures

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] LaTeX conversion and figures
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:52:58 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

I'm new to TeXmacs, but I really like what I see.
Something that is confusing me is the export to LaTeX; particularly the treatment of figures. Initially I was encouraged because some .fig figures I created in Xfig (including LaTeX labels as "special" text) were nicely converted to .eps files when I exported the .tm file to LaTeX. However, this does not seem to work every time, and when I tried putting four figures in one file it only converted the first three, and the LaTeX file tried to include an eps file that did not exist. Am I better off converting my .fig files to .eps and then including them into my .tm file, or should the built in conversion work well, i.e., is there something I'm doing wrong?

If there is a problem with .fig figures, .eps should be less
error-prone, I guess. To be able to tell more, we would need
a simple example file along with its (failing) included .fig
file, in order to be able to reproduce the bug.

Best, Henri