Re: [TeXmacs] urgent question of separate sub files for one big file urgent question

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Jack Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] urgent question of separate sub files for one big file urgent question
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:01:58 +0200

Jack Zhang wrote:

Hi Henri

I try to include the one single x.tm <http://x.tm> in another y.tm <http://y.tm>, but command line gives me that error to load this x.tm <http://x.tm>. I guess the reason is might be problem for setup of Texmacs for the file pathes.

The x.tm and y.tm files are incorrectly attached to your email, thus
I cannot test if I can reproduce the bug.

What do you mean the complete installation? Do you mean Miktek or WinTexmacs?

In my previous e-mail, I meant that it is always better
to try to **understand** the problem in hand, and that
for this, the usual thing to do is to try to create an
example file which is as small as possible, and still
exhibits the bug.

In this respect, going thru a whole install process (whether
it is with or without Miktex) appears to be a very heavy-handed
method. But as I said, this kind of thing sometimes work under
Windows...

In any case, it doesn't help very much, because without a
detailed understanding (and without a clear way of reproducing)
a bug, it is impossible to do anything to fix it.