LaTeX conversion and figures

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: LaTeX conversion and figures
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:28:13 +0200 (CEST)

I'm new to TeXmacs, but I really like what I see.

Something that is confusing me is the export to LaTeX; particularly the
treatment of figures. Initially I was encouraged because some .fig figures I
created in Xfig (including LaTeX labels as "special" text) were nicely
converted to .eps files when I exported the .tm file to LaTeX. However, this
does not seem to work every time, and when I tried putting four figures in
one file it only converted the first three, and the LaTeX file tried to
include an eps file that did not exist. Am I better off converting my .fig
files to .eps and then including them into my .tm file, or should the built
in conversion work well, i.e., is there something I'm doing wrong?

I think I'm using the newest version of TeXmacs (it has the new drawing
interface) and I'm running it on Suse 9.3, if that is important.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and thanks to the developers for writing
such a great program!