Re: [Texmacs-dev] help for compiling CVS source

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] help for compiling CVS source
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:37:43 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for my late response.

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Henri Lesourd wrote:

I would need a more detailed description of what's happening (in particular,
a copy of the TeXmacs's console output can often help a lot).

The background messages I get when I start texmacs is,

"
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
TeXmacs] Font fireflysung 11pt at 300 dpi could not be loaded
TeXmacs] Font fireflysung 10pt at 600 dpi could not be loaded
TeXmacs] Loading corktounicode
TeXmacs] Loading unicode-cork-oneway
TeXmacs] Loading tmuniversaltounicode
TeXmacs] Loading unicode-symbol-oneway"

OK, the fact that you could not load the font "fireflysung" seems
to be related to the problems you describe in your previous mail,
namely : "cannot see any character appear on the menus", as you
said ; for being unable to input anything, I guess that if no
font at all is available, the input is impossible as well :-(.

I have no problem with the current released version, 1.0.6, though. The problem occurs only with the CVS source.

The problem you have is with the TrueType support ; for some
reason, TeXmacs is unable to load the default unicode Korean
font : this is the root cause of the problem.

It is rather likely that the current stable version is compiled
with TrueType support disabled, or either, compiled for english
language. This is the reason why it doesn't exhibit this problem.

Therefore, to enjoy Korean fonts inside your TeXmacs, you should
check if the FreeType module in your Linux install includes
the Korean fonts (especially : the one which cannot be found
by TeXmacs, namely, the "fireflysung" font), because it seems
rather likely that the Korean TrueType fonts are missing in
your system (=> thus, it leads to TeXmacs being unable to load
them...).

In any case, future news about your problems are always
welcomed, these kinds or information are of interest,
either to improve things inside TeXmacs, and also to
remain here as a help for users which could meet the
same problem in the future.

Best, Henri