Fundraising

  • From: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Fundraising
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:33:41 +0200

Hello,

I do believe that TeXmacs is getting older pretty fast. Maybe it's not a
technological problem, but definitively the look'n'feel is too old. Lately
I've been trying to migrate a couple of user to TeXmacs and I was unlucky. In
both cases they found the interface almost unusable. I know it's not so bad,
but that was their excuse.

In my opinion, the most important motive is that TeXmacs is a one person
project (mainly). A lot of things must be done but Joris has not enough free
time to do them. I think that the best solution is to get funds to solve
specific tasks.

It is very unlikely that we were able to get a big sponsor to fund the
project. Then, the best solution should be to get small quantities form a lot
of people. But the problem is that this is very time consuming.

Today I found (it was mentioned in one message in the Octave users list)
Fundable [1]. It seems that this website could be the answer to our problem.
Maybe we could use it to fund an small task, and if we are happy use it to
bigger ones.

[1] http://www.fundable.org/

Remember that I don't have any connection with Fundable and I have no
previous
experience with them.

Cheers,

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es