Re: [TeXmacs] Modifying postscript macros

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Modifying postscript macros
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:54:54 +0200

Rasmus Grøndahl Olsen wrote:

Henri Lesourd wrote:

[I just tried : it doesn't work, the names
of predefined functions like <postscript>
are hardwired].

Best, Henri

Ok, so what you are saying is that the <postscript> macro can be copied and re-assigned because it is hardwired?

No, I am saying the opposite : the <postscript> macro can *not* be redefined
because it is hardwired (it is a primitive). For any other macro (i.e., the
ones defined in the TeXmacs standard stylesheets), you can redefine them.

Does this also apply for the <include> macro?

Yes, one cannot redefine <include>, for the very same reason
one cannot redefine <postscript>.

Are you sure you absolutely need to do this ? Would not it
be sufficient if you embed primitives inside other macros
with different names ?