Export a selection to EPS (Feature request)

  • From: "Javier Arantegui Jimenez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Export a selection to EPS (Feature request)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:20:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Most of my coleagues are MS Word users :-( [I wish that, at least, they
used OpenDocument (OpenOffice.org/AbiWord/Kword...)]

I wanted to include a figure I had in TeXmacs in a MS Word document. The
figure had several equations inserted in a Fig graphic. The only solution
I could think to insert the figure in Word was:

1. Copy the figure in a new TeXmacs document
2. Remove the number of page
3. Export the document to Postscript
4. Us ps2epsi to convert the postscript to EPS
5. Insert the EPS in the MS Woerd document.

It's not difficult but it's quite tedious if you have to repeat it several
times.

I wonder if it could be very defficult to add a new feature:

Tools -> Selections -> Export -> EPS

This feature should ease the exporting of tables, text, graphics,
equations, etc. to EPS format.

Thanks in advance,

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es

  • Export a selection to EPS (Feature request), Javier Arantegui Jimenez, 06/29/2006