Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with TeXmacs 1.0.6.4

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problem with TeXmacs 1.0.6.4
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:59:08 +0200

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 10:06:44AM +0200, Javier Arantegui wrote:
> I have just installed the last version of TeXmacs without any noticeable
> problem. After a couple of seconds after starting it --maybe when the
> starting process finishes--, it vanishes. I get the following error:
>
> javier@udlnet-02-060:~> texmacs
> TeXmacs] Warning: locale could not be set
> TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
> cannot handle file 'libc.so.6' with TLS data
>
> My distro is a SUSE 9.2. Please, tell me if you need more information. Any
> clue about what's wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Since a few weeks, this is a recurrent problem.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce it and
still do not have any clue about what is going on
(since everything is statically linked, where the hell
can this message come from ?).

Any insights on what is going on would be appreciated.

Best wishes, Joris

P.S.: compiling from sources should work, according to Felix.